So it has been a while. I have been home for a week now and finally getting back some sort of normalcy back in my life. I had big plans of blogging while on the road for three weeks. But alas the great states of Utah and Colorado don't really believe in modern communication. At one point I saw a sign that said pony express crossing. I thought that was a historical sight. No No it is still in service. I never thought of a place without cell or internet service was possible.
Before I go through my pictures and tails of dog trialing. I would just like to talk about some things I learned on this trip. Some I already knew but had forgotten.
- When it says seasonal vegetables on a menu it usually means they have come from a can.
- paybacks a bitch and comes back three fold.
- by day three of no cell phone the shakes will settle down. And the people with free Wifi see you coming and know you by name.
- Apparently in Lima, Montana they don't get many news up dates and still think Secretariat is still alive.
- The is not a gas station between here and Colorado that I have not backed the princess castle out of.
- Words I thought I would never say "I am going to ride my bike up the hill to the lodge" Mostly the words are bike and hill.
- There is nothing like barking dogs as an alarm clock everyday for three weeks. Makes me want to by stock in Tritronics.
- Someone needs to invent a new fuel made from sage brush. There is just to dam much of it. Makes it hard for a girl the ride her bike.
- A recipe for a good time Princess castle, Sangria, lots of friends, wrangler jeans and a tube of Sexy Mother Pucker. Sounds a little crazy I know and it was.
- A girl can drink too much Sangria. But boys can't get enough of it.
No matter how far I travel I make the best of friends and met up with old ones. Thank goodness for no cell service otherwise I would be texting them all the way home.
"do you miss me yet"
"where are you now"
Every time it gets harder to say good bye.