Monday, October 22, 2012

Now where was I

When we last left off I was trying to pen the cheviot with Mack at the national finals. Thank goodness for a time clock or I might still be there trying to get Miss in the pen. Good times were had a the nationals this year. Catching up with old friends and making new ones as well. One of the best handlers dinners I have been to in a long time. By the end of the night it was a small and intimate group dancing our asses off. I haven't done that in a while. Thanks to the friends that sent private pictures instead of posting them on facebook. After all no one needs a dancing freeze frame of themselves.


We left Klamath Falls bright and early. We had a long drive ahead of us.


A 17 hour drive to be exact. That prompted Lisa to decide to try and learn the words to Gangnam Style. Both English and Korean. Needless to say I wanted to stab my eyes out.




Picture it with me.
After quick couple of days I was off to the Alberta Field Finals. The wind blew and the cold weather socked us in. Many ways were tried to keep warm. Stormy's Pug was the place to be. Mostly because we could see the trial and the heat was on. My dogs ran mediocre the first day. The second day was a marked improvement  Mack won the nursery and Meg was up in the top 12. But because of the first days performance there would be no playing on the finals day. Instead i got to set sheep all day in the cold,wind and rain. 
Another quick turn around and off too Coldstream, B.C. for the Alasdair MacRae Clinic. I was so looking forward to this weekend. Apparently so was Craig. He showed all of his worst for Alasdair. I was pretty disappointed in him. I know he can do better. We came home and started working right away. Kristi and I have a little bet going for next year. The clinic was excellent. I am fortunate to get to work with great handlers like Scott Glen and Alasdair MacRae (even if it is only every once in a while). 



Lee's place was a nice change.





1 comment:

Wendy said...

Gangnam Style (clinic will be had in a few weeks to show moves).