Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Practice for the big three

Today I helped a couple of friends practice for the big three trials that mark the end of trial season. The big three are ran on range ewes and rough terrain. So today my hair sheep played the part of the range ewes. The rough terrian was provided by my cousins hill fields right in the heart of the southern Alberta hills. The scenery is breathtaking you can see for miles to the east and to the west more hills and mountains. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera. But take my word for it nothing is better then working dogs in the hills. I could to it all day everyday.
For those of you that don't know the big three are:
Solider Hollow Classic, Heber City, Utah
Meeker Classic, Meeker, Colorado
USBCHA National Finals Sturgis, South Dakota
All world class trials with world class handlers.
Last year I travelled to Solider Hollow and loved every minute of it and this year we are travelling the Sturgis to the National finals. One day I hope to compete in all three.

No comments: