Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best laid plans

I had ideas of grander for this year trialing. First I was going to hit the Bluegrass with Isla, Rob and Risk in nursery. Then in May the North Dakota trials as well as the Alberta trials in July. But alas it is not to be. One of my other dreams is going to get in the way of my dog trialing. I know it is hard to believe that I have another dream. Other than to dominate the sheepdog world. I dream of a new house. Nothing to extravagant. A couple of spare rooms, an office, and most of all more storage. We have been talking about this for a couple of years now and I finally got Kyle to take the plunge into our bank account. This also means I am going to have to make some sacrifices in my life of luxury. We are going to live in my dog trialing hacienda for maybe as long as eight months. No sleep overs at trials this year. Also means I am going to have to stick around home to make the all important decisions. That doesn't mean I can't take sometime out if Jenny decides to go to new Mexico in July. Not sure Scott can stand us both for two weeks. Lets not forget the last time Jenny invited me to a US trial I can home with my first Open win. But I digress. In honour of the new house I have started a new blog http://louanneslittlehouseontheprairie.blogspot.com/. Here is where I will regale you with endless shopping trips for such fun things as Knobs, doors, faucets, and lets not forget flooring. Also will have lots of pictures of the building progress. I wonder what the odds are that the crew will include and herd of shirtless twenty year old boys. Wouldn't that be fun. This will be Kyle and I second time building. We also did a $100, 000 reno on the house we lived in before this one. We are no strangers to the building/construction process. The adventure begins March 1, 2010.

2 comments:

manymuddypaws said...

congrats!!! the sacrifice will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

I just saw pictures of your new home to be, GREAT but I wont clean the windows! Enjoy your DIARIES.
LUFF GRANDMA