Saturday, July 16, 2011

Part 2 Wildrose trial

Once again I find myself with only one dog to run. We were set to run toward the end of the day on the first day. End of the day meaning 10 PM. Just before my run the judge called it a day and said we would run the rest of the open dogs the next morning at 6 AM. Well just great I am so not a morning person. This also meant Meg would run both her open runs with in a couple of hours and then were are done. Our first run was pretty fabulous except for me giving her a couple of wrong flanks on the drive. I am chalking that up to the early morning. Then came my part setting up the shed. Well putting it bluntly I F**** suck at shedding. For some reason it is the only thing I can't figure out. Meg will come through just fine if I make the hole. I am so tired of leaving 20 points on the field. Our first run we scored a 69 no shed, no pen. (You guys do the math). Our second run was much the same. Pretty much bang on until the shedding ring and then timed out. Scored a 65 (again you do the math).
At this time I would like to apologize to Meg for not keeping up my part of the bargain. Sorry Meg you do everything I ask on the field and I fail you. You are a pretty kick ass little dog.
Because we ran so early there are no pictures of Meg's run. But I thought I would post some pics taken from the bluegrass in May.




Photos taken by
Christine Koval

Scott ran Bracken at this trial. She was a little rusty and on the muscle for both her runs. She didn't place in either runs she but showed some nice things. Check out Jenny's trial blog to see pics of Bracken and a feisty ewe. http://altapetestockdogs2.blogspot.com/ She handled it like a pro. 
Bracken is coming home on Monday next week. I am a little nervous to take the reins of this little powerhouse. But I am going to try my best. 


No comments: