Thursday, February 7, 2008

Famous Last Words

Yesterday I was so excited that it was +5 and the sun was still up at 5:20PM. So I jumped on the quad to take the dogs for a run. I haven't been running the dogs very much because of the cold weather. It was challenging at times to get the quad through the drifts. Why you ask was I not using the Ranger. That would be because some smarty at Polaris headquarters decided to make the rims out of aluminum just to be more pimped out. And what happens to aluminum in cold weather it shrinks and then the tires go flat. So we have to order a winter set of tires for our fancy now useless ATV. Anyways back to the story. I come upon a somewhat large snow drift and decide I can make it. "It can't be that deep" Famous last words.
So I back up to make to a run for it and drop the hammer. Bam Stuck!!! Well when I jumped off to survery that damage I am waist deep in the snow.



I know it dosen't look that bad. But it was. So whats a girl to do when her quad is stuck and she dosen't know how to drive the tractor. Get the big red Dodge. First I had to walk home and get the truck. And this being a spur of the moment thing all I had on was a sweater, sweat pants and runners. But most importantly I had my cell phone in case I couldn't get home and needed to call for help.



This is how we do things in Alberta.






Mission Acomplished!!

No comments: