Monday, April 21, 2008

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Just back from The Stirling Acres trial in British Columbia. First I have to say what a great job Lee Lumb and her crew did to make things run smoothly good sheep and a nice field. The weather had other things in mind for us. We arrived on Thursday to a beautiful weather and so much green grass (still brown at home). The first day of the trial we ran Pro Novice twice and two nursery runs. There was 40 Pro Novice dogs and 6 nursery dogs. I ran Isla in Pro Novice and Kipp in Nursery.

The Good
Isla was my little super star. Her first run she was almost perfect and placed 1st. The second run I made some mistakes but managed to hang on and finished 5th. The best part was Isla won the overall Pro Novice award. I am very happy with her she has come along way.


The Bad
I guess Kipp forgot how much time I have put into his training and getting some progress. He was like an untrained crazed maniac. And I have pictures to prove it. But I don't feel like being reminded of it so I am not going to post them. So back to the drawing board with Kipp.

The Ugly
Mother nature decided to be mean to us on the Saturday. She gave the Open handlers a big April blast of winter.

Trying to stay warm around the fire

Corey Perry and Jill

Just alot of coffee please

After Saturdays blast of winter we decided to head for home while we could. The drive home was great clean and dry roads. So I am not sure who won the Open as they are still running today. Hopefully the weather has smartened up. So back to the training field to get ready for our next trial in two weeks.

I also want to thank my friend and travel buddy Penny Caster for taking most of these pictures.




2 comments:

gr8bcs said...

Just to add a little detail -- Isla's first run was close to perfect. Very smooth, very much controlled. Beautiful tight "paint scrapin'" turns at the panels. Louanne was calm and confident in her dog. This pair is now officially a "team." She got 81 out of 90 points. Second run also very good just not quite as smooth.
Both runs good enough for first overall in Pro Novice. It hasn't been an easy ride for Louanne. She's worked hard with her dog and deserves this. P.S. Nice to see a blue merle on the podium! Penny (the travelling buddy).

Jenny Holden said...

Big congrats on the win Louanne!
I have to admit that I've been slacking on the blog reading. But Ive really enjoyed catching up on yours and Laura's lambing blog.
Ooops, big typos there as Liverpool just scored in the footie! Big excitement in our house...
Anyway, do you mind if I add a link to your blog from mine?

Jenny