Monday, November 23, 2009

New players in our game

A couple of weeks ago I went out and bought myself some more sheep. I brought home 15 Suffolk and Suffolk/cheviot ewes.

I have owned Katahdins ever since I first got sheep. Easy to care for no shearing required. In doing so my dogs have never learned how to push into pressure and know that it is OK. My Katahdins are like deer. I leave the house and they are already running for a corner of some far away field. I do alot of all breed lessons as well. My sheep have just learned if I am coming outside nothing good can come from it. The new sheep are strictly for me and my dogs to work. Maybe some friends. But they have to pass a prerequisite first. LOL
I love my new sheep. They are cute and don't care what I am doing. So far they blow Isla's mind. She has to get right in their faces to move them. She is learning to enjoy it. A bad side effect is that when it comes to moving the hair sheep she is crazy pushy.




2 comments:

An English Shepherd said...

Great pics & good looking sheep!

Wizz :-)

gvmama said...

How fun. New sheep. All I want for Christmas is.......