Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Zoey is looking for a home

Unfortunately Zoey is looking for a new home. Zoey has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. I have been reassured by a canine physiotherapist that her hips will no way effect her quality of life. But she may not be able to be a full time working or open trial dog. What I would like for Zoey would be a home where she can work sheep casually and maybe do some trialing ASCA or AHBA or even novice field trials. I have worked Zoey a little bit on sheep and she shows alot of potential. She is easy to handle and moves off my pressure nicely.
It will break my heart to see this girl go. I have been really conflicted and thought about keeping her but then in the back of my mind I am worried about training her for two years and having her not be able to run Open. This recently happened to me with Kipp I spent years training him to find out he just is not going to make a trial dog. Trialing in Open is what I want to do and having a kennel full on dogs that just don't cut it just dosen't work.
Wow, Sorry about the rant.

Zoey is a great little dog. She gets along well with other dogs and loves people.

No comments: