Wednesday, May 26, 2010

OMG!!! What is that smell?

Well in a word my truck. I have been totally absent minded lately. Last week Jerry bought me some Jack Mackerel for me to feed to my dogs. Well the bag fell into the cubby of the back door and I didn't notice when I was unloading everything. For those who don't know I have very little sense of smell. A couple of days later it got so bad I did actually smell something. Started snooping around and found the bag of fish. Some of the fish goo had leaked out into the door. I cleaned it up and thought I had done a good job. Sunday night Kyle got into my truck to go to Jerry's for supper and immanently started to gag. "OMG!! what is that smell" I said "Oh can you smell that" Kyle: "pull over I am going to puke". So we took Kyle's truck, all the way to Jerry's he swore that I was smelling of fish as well. I have since cleaned the truck three times and Kyle swears he can still smell it. I think some of the goo is inside the door panel. Not sure how to fix that. Today I got groceries. As the bag boy was loading up the truck I thought about asking him if he could smell it but I didn't. As he walked away from the truck he started coughing. I am sure he may have been holding his breath while loading my groceries.
What to do. I may have to sell the truck and get a new one.
I can just see the ad now. 2009 dodge ram 49,000 kms does not have that new car smell. Fisherman's dream.

5 comments:

WalkOn Border Collies said...

I don't know if this would work for fish, but they say for skunk(in your house), if you put out a bowl/dish etc of freshly ground coffee, it will absorb odours. You might try that in your truck...?

Bev said...

I think you should go with sell!!!!

Anonymous said...

had a truck once and think a mouse or 2 died in it and took over a yr to get rid of smell. 6 month to be able to close the windows while driving, heater was turned on only if really needed. My kids wouldn't even ride in it. It all came from heater.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time I placed an emu leg under the seat of a fellow workers truck( in the summer) took him a week to notice the swell.

nancyturtle said...

Try pouring vinegar in the spot where the goo leaked. Works for dead mice in the house, although it takes a few days. Just let it dry up in place.