Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trying to find balance

Now that I have added the sixth dog to the kennel I am trying to find balance in the pack. Craig lives in a kennel by the house because he barks all the time when he is with the other dogs. I just can't bring myself to put a "device" on him at only six months old. Bracken used to be sweet as pie now screams like her mother when you leave her behind. Rob just thinks he should chase everyone. Risk chases Rob and Jet. Risk is also feeling neglected and has taken to barking while looking at the house. Jet is getting too old to be chased but still the dogs torture her. Bracken tortures Craig. The stable one in the pack is Isla. She listens all the time and never chases or get in trouble. If only they could all be like Isla. I tried my new solution tonight. Two different walks. First shift is Jet, Risk, Bracken. Second shift is Rob, Isla and Craig. Craig just really wants to be with me all the time. Isla is doing her own thing so nobody is paying attention to Rob and he relaxes. The first shift gets along better too. Risk is maturing slowly and wants to be with me more than not. Of course we are off to a trial this weekend and the routine will be off.

We have had torrential rain for the last couple of days. Below are some pics I took. I really would like to get a wide angle lens to capture the vastness of the sky.


2 comments:

Donna Brinkworth said...

OMG Louanne, welcome to my world! Two walks, two shifts...all the personalities - but don't you feel great when they are all happy and tired? I love your stories. They really bring things to life. Your dogs are very lucky!

An English Shepherd said...

My pack is 4 and the boss thinks thats hard work... ;-)

Wizz